Isolation Power Panels for Healthcare Facilities
Standards such as NFPA 99 and CSA Z32 require isolated power systems in all areas deemed “wet procedure locations” in healthcare facilities. Isolated power systems offer an invaluable advantage - early detection of ground faults allows for critical systems to remain online in a single fault condition.
BENDER isolated power panels provide isolated power to electrical systems in operating rooms and other critical care areas. Utilizing the latest in technology, BENDER equipment ensures that electrical ground faults are detected and located fast and automatically, in compliance with the latest standards and code requirements.
BENDER provides advanced electrical safety technology to the healthcare industry, including:
- Modular system allows for easy future system upgrading.
- Adjustable electronic trip options available for achieving 01.s system coordination
- Front trim features completely concealed hinge when closed, allowing for easy cleaning and periodic maintenance.
- The latest in line isolation monitoring technology, providing advanced warning of faults to help reduce downtime and increase operational efficiencies
- Supplemental alarms including transformer load, temperature, and voltage to mitigate risk of electrical shock and fire
- Fault Location System – Locate ground faults quickly and automatically for individual branch circuits while the system remains energized (No opening breakers required)
- Branch Load Monitoring – monitor the load current of each branch circuit; individually adjustable alarm levels available
- Communications Gateway – provides integrated web service for viewing status and changing settings.
- Provisions for hospital grade receptacles and/or ground jacks directly on front of panel
- On-site service and support
- Equipment designed in strict compliance with many electrical codes and standards, including NFPA 99, NFPA 70, CSA Z32, UL 1047, and ISO9001:2015 quality management system.
- Designed and assembled in the USA
- Industry-leading, standard 5-year limited warranty on all panels
Click here for more information on our on-site support services.
All backboxes are fabricated from minimum 14GA galvanized steel. Surface mounted enclosures are finished with a coat of hospital ivory baked enamel or equivalent.
Manufactured from minimum 14GA type 304 stainless steel with #4 brushed finish, the front trim contains a fully concealed, lift-off style hinge and a breaker panel door with hidden hinges and a flush mounted key lock covering the loadcenter. A flush mounted front trim extends 1“ on all sides of the backbox. For surface-mounted panel boards, the front trim has the same dimensions as the enclosure.
Isolation transformers are available with various primary and secondary single-phase volt-ages. See ordering information for available primary and secondary voltages.
Line Isolation Monitor
The BENDER LIM2010 series Line Isolation Monitor provides both digital and analog displays. The LIM is available with readouts and response values of 2 mA or 5 mA. The LIM2010 utilizes a unique measuring principle and is capable of detecting all combinations of capacitive and resistive faults, including balanced, unbalanced, and hybrid faults. A self-test and self-calibration function is included.
The LIM2010 can monitor for additional alarms, including over- and under voltage, load monitoring, over-temperature, and more. The LIM2010 may be combined with an installed BENDER EDS series module to create a ground fault location system. For more information, refer to the LIM2010 technical bulletin (document number NAE2022010).
The loadcenter is an integral part of isolated power panels. Included is a primary circuit breaker which provides protection for the isolation transformer. All isolated power panels may be configured with either plug-in (snap-in) or bolt-on branch circuit breakers.