CTBC17 – The New Measuring Current Transformer
Manufacturers of EVSE (charging stations) will be excited to learn that Bender, the leader in electrical safety products, has launched a new current transformer aimed at alerting customers to ground-fault occurrences.
Manufacturers of EVSE (charging stations) will be excited to learn that Bender, the leader in electrical safety products, has launched a new current transformer aimed at alerting customers to ground-fault occurrences. Thanks to Bender’s innovative approach, simple installation is assured with this new, compact, and versatile design. The CTBC17 is suitable for AC and DC mA current monitoring and comes in multiple different mounting types.
The CTBC17 is ideal for AC/DC residual current measurement since it can reliably identify both AC and DC ground fault (leakage) currents in combination with suitable evaluation electronics, such as the Bender charge controller CC613 or ground fault detection PCB types (CCID) RCMB104-4 and RDC104-4. This means it can be used to identify ground fault currents according to IEC 62752 and 62955 standards. These also fulfill ground fault requirements laid out in UL2231-1,2.
There are two different mounting versions – one is a cost-effective PCB variant for PCB mounting, the second is designed for external mounting via base and associated connection cable.
- Suitable for AC/DC sensitive ground fault current measurement and monitoring
- Fully equivalent to an previous model W15BS measuring current transformer
- Cost-effective PCB variant for PCB mounting
- Internal diameter 17 mm, best suited for the use of wires with a large conductor cross-section
- Connecting cable available in different lengths: 180, 325, 1470mm
- Integrated shielding of CT to avoid EMI
- Suitable for AC and DC fault current monitoring in EVSE, in combination with the CC612, CC613, and RCD104-4
- Rated voltage/current: 240 V/80 A (single-phase) and 480 V/32 A (three-phase)
Bender is a leader in electrical safety worldwide and has set the industry standard for electric vehicle insulation monitoring, with many new product innovations within its portfolio. For more information on the CTBC17, check out our product page or read our Monitor article. To learn more about Bender’s advanced solutions for the EV sector click here.